Five Laws of Library Science
These laws are:
- Books are for use
- Every reader his book
- Every book its reader
- Save the time of the reader
- The library is a growing organism
Vision of Library:
Library in Glance:
- The Nabira Mahavidyalaya’s Library is one of the oldest Library in the Vidarbha.
- The Central Library has a huge Collection of Volumes (including Sr. Jr. & UGC).
- International & National Journals in Library.
- Establishment of E-Library.
- Independent building with specious carpet area
Collection of Library:
Library is computerized with LIB-MAN software with OPAC and also provide a e-service from internet with the help of UGC INFLIBNET-NLIST which supported the access of e-books and e-journals.
Library Advisory Committee:
|Dr. Rajiv Satokar||Principal / Chairman|
|Dr. R. K. Ingole||Librarian / Ex-Officio Secretary|
|Dr. S.A. Sonegaonkar||HOD, Commerce / Member|
|Dr. A.B.Sharma||HOD, Physics / Member|
|Dr. R.R.Dhote||HOD, History / Member|
|Dr. R. K. Ingole||HOD / Librarian|
|Ku. V. H. Patil||Lib. Clerk|
|Shri. P. D. Charde||Library Attdt|
|Shri. K. M. Uike||Library Attdt|
|Shri. M. K. Belkhede||Library Attdt|
|Shri. S. N. Somkuwar||Library Attdt|
- Reprographic Services:- This facility is provided on demand to students as well as to staff on no profit no loss basis.
- Library Extension Activities:- Book- exhibitions are arranged regularly.
- Students Aids Service:- Question papers of University Exams., University Syllabus and notification are also available for references.
- Newspaper Clipping Services:- The newspapers clipping of describing events and information on Employment are displaying on the notice board of the library.
- Inter Library Loan:- The central library offers an Inter Library Loan facility through tie ups with three libraries in the city.
- E- Journals: Access to on line Journals under UGC – INFLIBNET Programme by subscribing N-LIST.
Extension Services :
Our library provide some extension services which helps the society to develop their awareness of use of library.
The following practices are working for extending library services,
Membership to Citizens and Ex-Students: The Department of Library of the college gives membership to citizens of Katol and ex-students of the college on minimum fees every year. Total 134 Ex-members are registered in a library till the date and in present 103 members are currently use the library regularly.
Library services to the other rural Institutes: Our college library helped the other academic institution to provide the library services effectively to their users and helps to the newly opened School and colleges in rural area nearby the Katol. Some old books are donated to these colleges.
Library Services to Rural People: The department of Library of the college is help to the rural people to establish the rural public library at their villages.
- There are two rural public libraries are running in position. Since its establishment till the date, our library have been guiding the library committee and librarian of the rural public library in its development and expansion. In order to develop the library some reading materials have been provided as assistance by this college.
Ugc- sponsored National Seminar: Nabira college Library was organized one-day National Conference on “IMPACT OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION CENTER IN NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT” ON 8th February 2009. The seminar wasi naugurated by Dr. Smt. Kamal Singh, Vice-Chancellor, S.B.G. Amaravati University, Amaravati..The Conference was beneficial to Institution, Faculties, Students and Society.